Thursday, April 21, 2011

Tonight -- Comments

I will take a page from DW and respond to some of the comments recently received.

Lilly writes:
And let us not forget Crazy Wife, who is also dealing with 2 (2! WOW) sets of twins to make life even more interesting! I do agree, that blogging is where we can let it all go and say what is on our minds, as we are keeping it all together the rest of the time dealing with our DHs. And I too am very grateful that we have a little community of "sisters" blogging away and comparing notes. There are so many days that it helps so much!

Yes, Lilly, once I went to bad last night, I remembered Crazy Wife and Lynn!
and there are several named "Anonymous"
we all understand the desire to not have a name - so that could be multiple people
thanks to one and all!

Then there is NewToThis:
What a crazy zoo your family event must have been. I cannot imagine. Did you manage to get Tom's low under control? Did all the help from the side line calm down?
I think my family events are always zoos! Yes Tom got under control pretty quickly and the family members quickly went on to other topics -- the pregnant niece, the newly married niece, the nephew going to grad school, you know.....


And, Sandy, we really are in this together aren't we? isn't it amazing that you get me better than my family who have known me for more than 50 years?
I can see a low from a mile away in my hubby too!!!!!!!!!! :) sad that the one comment of not helping him came up. I guess you have to chaulk that up to just not understanding Diabetes. I love the don't overdose lol gotta laugh right ? :)

On a totally different tangent, I received a very interesting question from a friend of mine.
when I had told her about this blogging she thought it was great that we were supporting each other but she wanted to know how I could tell who was legitimate and who was scamming us.

My response was -- why would anyone waste their time trying to scam us?
we are all anonymous
we are just sharing stories of our burdens
I don't get the problem

My friend said that some people just get laughs by making fun of other people who are dealing with serious issues

any thoughts?

I would hate to think that someone would do that with us and I can't imagine any of our group being that way, but thought I would throw it out there

4 comments:

  1. That is veery interesting....I have often thought about how close I feel to the others blogging on here and yet I don't "know" them. Some people post pictures of their children in action D related or not, and I think that helps to fill the void of not really knowing each other. I wish we could have like a convention or something to meet each other at lol but I don't think anyone is fake...although you never know, now do you? Lol I will just assume we are all real :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. Interesting. Are more than one of your friends thinking this?

    I do realize there are people in this world that are truely horrible. They are usually the ones with low IQs. Not low like challenged but low like stupid.

    It'll be interesting to see what the other sister wives think.

    S

    ReplyDelete
  3. If that is the way some people get their kicks then they are sicker than our DH's...I really don't believe anyone would google diabetic wife and join in as I did unless they had reason to....but who knows? Anyway I for one learn and need this site...also saw the note to me (TX DW) and would like to find out more about the blogging, etc...I admit I am not to knowledgeable regarding that...would like to learn but appreciate a lot of the information and just spouse talk going on here...must close for tomorrow will be a long day..just hope it is not a bad one...night all...and promise to read as much as everyone will write.
    Again thanks to all who take their time to help others...Happy Easter! HE has risen!
    TX DW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I honestly don't think we have any of the bloggers we are keeping track of doing this. All seem to be authentic to me. And why would they waste their time? To guard against inappropriate or angry comments, I moderate all my comments (meaning I have to okay them first), so those can be weeded out and not posted. As it is, I haven't gotten a single one yet, although I know some of you have. I think there is also a way to block anyone who decides to harass, etc. with inappropriate comments. Probably not a bad idea to keep a lookout for anyone who does not seem authentic, though.
    Have a good day, Tom's Wife!
    Lilly

    ReplyDelete