Sunday, April 17, 2011

Interesting Comment

I received a comment that I don't understand
I am not posting it as a "comment" but am quoting it here
maybe we will get more feedback
you will see why in a minute
it is always so much nicer to get encouragement from those who agree with us
and pure hateful or ignorant comments are just to be ignored

however, sometimes another perspective does cause one to pause
and I do want to be intropesective (how do you spell that word?)

I'm not denying my feelings -- but other feelings are valid too
here is the comment:

I feel the opposite. I have started a blog, raging diabetic's wife, in order to have the freedom to express what is going on in my life and not to listen to more raging. I have joined our sisterhood after getting no help or compassion from the medical establishment concerning what I am facing day to day as he gets sicker and sicker.

since the person did not give much information -- I don't know if she is the raging diabetic's wife or I am???
she joined the sisterhood, but she feels the opposite, of what?
I'm confused....
this is from someone I haven't heard from before
so I would really like to hear more

can I support her?
or should I be thinking about how she has a different perspective than I do?
clearly she agrees on the way the medical establishment treats our husbands
but whose raging does she not want to hear?

please tell me
I want to be helpful
not harmful

Tom and I had a BIG talk today
Again
I feel better when we talk
it lasts for a few days
then it goes away
but I'll take a few days

tomorrow I go to work again
things get tense again
he will have another low this week
and that is my life
sound familiar?

ok, I'm done for tonight

thank you for all of your caring thoughts
they REALLY help me
and I am glad some people appreciate my "stream-of-consciousness" writing
at least we have each other!!

may we all get a good night's sleep tonight!!

6 comments:

  1. I am the wife of that raging diabetic. I am sorry that was not clear. I have started my blog to express what has been happening to me. I feel I can not share this since his attitude is everything is my fault and not his. I can not discuss his behavior with him. It is too easy to set him off. It is not worth it.

    I appreciate your blog. It has helped me cope. I am finding strength and understanding from my sister wives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry again for the confusion. I am just learning how to blog and how to write and post comments.

    I so wish I could talk to H about his behavior. I have tried. He doesn't get it. He just rages more and more frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out my post tonight. I've got a link to her blog. I'm certain that she is the wife of a "raging diabetic"! I think it's the diabetic husband's rage that she's wanting to get away from.

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She might be TX DW, I sugguest to TX DW she should join the sisterhood and start a blog.

    That's my guess.

    S

    ReplyDelete
  5. It could very well be that this commenter feels the opposite that you do as far as that specific post she'd commented on. That's just a thought on my part, though. Often, that's the benefit of including the comments on the posts they're included with in order to know specifically the context behind them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too would be curious as to what she actually meant. Hope your "talk" lasts for a few days, at least!
    Lilly

    ReplyDelete