Monday, April 11, 2011

when there is "nothing to say"

there are days when I want to reach out to my friends on this site
(is that the right terminology?)
but I don't feel like I have anything new to say...
particularly on the diabetes front
Tom was great all weekend!
YAY!
I didn't do much this weekend but catch up from my marathon work-travel
and now I am home for awhile
so, I caught up
I did finances, taxes, grocery shopping, and cooking
stuff I would normally consider relaxing
but while I'm doing it, I'm feeling restless
is this relaxing?
I don't know
I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop
it doesn't and I'm happy
but I'm always waiting

does this make sense to anyone else?

then I get this sweet note:

Hi, Just stopped by to say thanks for your last comment on my blog. I guess I just got my first angry comment from a DH.

angry comments are par for the course -- when we write here, we get them
there are people out there who do not like what we say
too bad
that is the beauty of this forum
we get to say what we want

they get to also
but we don't have to publish their comments
we have the option of that wonderful option: the DELETE button
wouldn't it be nice if we could do that with our husband's comments?

So, friends, its spring, my favorite month
be outside and enjoy
I hope you get the chance
I hope to do so at every opportunity

and even with little to say,
I'll still post nonsense!

5 comments:

  1. Your "catching up" reminds me so much of my life. I feel I am always playing "catch-up," as my DH does so little at home anymore. It always feels good when I feel like I got some things done, at least for the moment, but some days I get very angry/frustrated that it is all on me.

    As for waiting for the other shoe to drop: Yes, it makes perfect sense. I live each day this way. Don't like it, but that is the way it is.

    I haven't gotten any angry comments yet, so guess that so far I am lucky. Yup, I'm thinking it would be GREAT if we had a delete key for all our husbands' unkind comments. Wouldn't that be AWESOME!?

    Take care,

    Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I'm glad you have some time off from your travels. Hopefully you will also have some time to enjoy the spring. It's my favorite time of year as well. I even have a light sun-burn from working in the garden for the past two days. I'll have to remember to use the sun screen next time out.

    You know I thought about hitting the delete option on the angry comment, but I was upset he used the "nagging" word on his wife (she and I follow each other's blogs). She posted not too long ago about meeting another type 1 at her dermatologist. The doctor was looking at the scarring on her arm. An injury she, the wife, received helping her DH during a low. It was an injury she went through two rounds of antibiotic to fight off an infection.

    For the most part he seems to be a nice guy, but I thought he really had some nerve saying anything negative about her. I tried to give it some time in case I was just misreading his meaning. It made me so happy you put in your two cents before I calmed down enough to address the nagging comment.

    I'm relieve to hear all in calm with your DH! Same here. Whoopee!

    Love, S

    BTW: I'm thrilled you think of me as a friend.
    Truth is I tell my sister wives more than I tell anyone I know in "real life". Is that the right word?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My gosh! I completely understand! Happens more than several times a day on a bad day. On a good day....it doesn't happen. But I get it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see new posts...to me any and every thing said is helpful in one way or another. As for the other shoe to drop...know exactly what you mean...think ours may have dropped.
    DH had a low while driving...we are now looking at a internal monitor and then maybe a pump....anyone what to comment/suggest...need help and appreciate all. Also, thanks for the sites relating to mental health for DH and wife...sometimes wonder if any emotions can still exist after this disease goes on and on. Somedays I feel like why bother...cheer
    leading gets to be to much and mothering is even more difficult on all parties. As for nonsense...I say post it! Someone may need that one word, thought or sentence to help them make it through a tough time....I know I have found many here...God bless and post away....I love it and need it...again would like comments on monitors/pumps..TX DW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that there is a little "club" of us wives. WE understand what the other is going through. I have learned a lot from reading DW's blog. She is fantastic at research. I have learned so much from you as well. It's good to know that there are "these people" that can comiserate with us.

    Thanks for everything..

    ReplyDelete