Friday, April 1, 2011

Lots of Response - So Helpful

I asked and you responded
thank you from the bottom of my heart
all of your comments are posted -- here are a few and my thoughts:

DW wrote this and it touched my heart:

you have the right to just want a little PEACE! You not only have the right...you deserve it...so take it...a couple of weeks ago you told me to let go...I'm trying...now you try...enjoy that wine and the book...you do not have control over him...you can only do so much then God takes over


Michael offered this:

All I can say is I'm sorry he's being the way he is, Low or not. Hope the wine does the trick. I know for me, salad and salmon certainly wouldn't bring me out of a Low - some OJ might temporarily, but I need the carbs in my system to make my BGs stay up there in safer levels. Of course, Your Diabetes May Vary. Anyhow, regardless - best thoughts and prayers your way.

Thanks, Michael. I wrote, drank, read my book, and slept -- so yes it was better.

the OJ brought up his glucose; the salad and salmon was to keep him going until he could manage himself
he didn't know I put breadcrumbs on the salmon -- but I did
you are correct, its the carbs every time
but the short-term and long-term ones count.
your comments are great, thank you for them.

NewToThis -- you are such a sweetie -- you sustain me:

Any time. I have my glass of wine too. I raise it to you, "an amazing wife who deserves to be reminded just how amazing she it."



Sandy, thank you too, I've been through oh, 5 car accidents? after so many years, it never gets easier. maybe that's the worst part....

I understand. I used to stress when my hubby worked (he worked on the road driving all day) many time I would catch him in a low episode and have to "treat it" over the phone. Not an easy task! The final straw was when he actually did have an accident. I was on the phone off and on through the entire episode. Talk about crazy scary!!!!!!!!!! Hang in there



Lilly, maybe I should copy your more insightful note, but you make me giggle, I think I love you

Maybe a second glass of wine would help . . . :-)




so, tonight, as Tom is doing everything in the world he can to make it up to me
and all I want to do is sleep
your comments sustain me
as DW wrote earlier
and probably each of us has written at one point or another
it is so fabulous that we have found each other
there must be many more of us out there and still all I can think of to say is:
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU

now, it is close to 9 o'clock on Friday nite
and I'm going to bed in a few minutes
I'll read and fall asleep
and frankly can't think of a better way to spend a Friday night

I wish every one of you a peaceful sleep also
its the one thing I never get enough of

Tom's Wife

3 comments:

  1. Glad I can make you laugh. We ALL need that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey...not sure who posted the five accident story...my question??? Didn't the state intervene i.e. taking his license??? We battled that 2 or so years ago and it was a small accident but had a PA say he should not drive...diabetics have to drive...anyway got his DR. to help out...but I live in fear every time he leaves the driveway...in fact two reactions today and I cooked all three meals...what the #?##...tonight I decided it was a two bud light lime night...going to bed...keep posting...I need all of you and your amazing stories that help me carry on... even when I just want to stop the madness... luv ya all... TX DW

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's me again...TX DW...anyway had a "sick" humor story to share...last week when I raced to the eye dr. when hubby was having a reaction...I grabbed up all the tubes of glocose tablets available...he took two or three and things were ok...anyway noticed that one tube..orange flavored had specks on them...wondered if they could be going bad... just mentioned it to hubby...he ever so kindly told me that tube of glocuse tablets I bought and tried to give him were actually fiber tablets...they look like glocose to me...anyway in my furvor to help I could have killed himmm...I swear it was an accident but plan to be more careful when making this purchase...just wanted to help someone laugh today...as my best friend told me that day... "I won"....take care and keep on posting...can't tell you all what it means to be to have all of you on the other side of this screen....TX DW Sweet dreams to all and to all a good, long nights sleep...tomorrow is a new day....

    ReplyDelete