Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Raging DWs - One and All!

So, the mystery is solved!
Raging Diabetic Wife is one of us!
I have to say I'm relieved
at the same time, the point of my post last time is that its sometimes so hard to tell by just reading the words!

I worry about that,
my posts are really just my thoughts put to "paper" (Oops I mean screen)
this is my chance to write without too much thinking
like many of you, when I write for work I have to spend a lot of time worrying about how people will interpret the words I put into email or on paper
this is the place where I don't need to do that

its nice that some of you tell me that you appreciate what I write
I don't need lots of encouragement but a little helps

the people I hear from are wonderful
Diabetic's Wife (DW) who started this whole thing is THE BEST
Lilly adds a lot of information and heart
Newtothis (S) shows us her sense of humor most of all
Sandy appears to have a younger version of challenges and I think those of us who are a little older, well our hearts break for her in a different way
Raging, welcome, your frankness in the clean bathroom stories and financial issues are startling and eye-opening -- should cause every one of us to take note

hmmm, who am I leaving out?

Michael, I like your input too, you seem to try to look at this from out point of view
and that must be very difficult -- I applaud your effort

To be honest, in this space, we don't usually try to look out for the diabetic
we spend so much of our "off line" time doing that
this is the place where we don't have to
where we can "rage" against it

For example, tom and I hadn't spent time with my family for several weeks
Monday night we went to my parents for dinner
arriving separately, coming directly from work
it was all 25 of us this time

and he shows up low
I know because I can see it in his eyes
He starts trying to talk to one of my sisters
she is trying to understand what he is saying
he is talking nonsense
she keeps trying to clarify
but of course that doesn't work
I'm trying to get to the OJ and then get the OJ to him
and then, of course, get him to drink the OJ

Mom is on the sidelines -- get him to drink -- lots!!
Another sister is on the sidelines -- oh, be careful -- not too much don't overdose
Another sister -- don't take care of him -- he should be taking care of himself

Gosh!
so much !

and then, how can I complain when he keeps the bathroom clean?

ok, that's it for tonight,
hope everyone gets a good night of sleep
or at least some sleep

and again, Welcome SAR

OH! and if anyone else is reading this and not blogging!
please join us
more is definitely better!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the welcome, it is truly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see a low from a mile away in my hubby too!!!!!!!!!! :) sad that the one comment of not helping him came up. I guess you have to chaulk that up to just not understanding Diabetes. I love the don't overdose lol gotta laugh right ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a crazy zoo your family event must have been. I cannot imagine. Did you manage to get Tom's low under control? Did all the help from the side line calm down?

    You are so kind and considerate of others. I pray you show yourself the same consideration and kindness: Because you deserve it.

    Hopefully you are done traveling for the rest of the week and spend some time on you.

    Love, S

    ReplyDelete
  4. And let us not forget Crazy Wife, who is also dealing with 2 (2! WOW) sets of twins to make life even more interesting! I do agree, that blogging is where we can let it all go and say what is on our minds, as we are keeping it all together the rest of the time dealing with our DHs. And I too am very grateful that we have a little community of "sisters" blogging away and comparing notes. There are so many days that it helps so much! Tom's Wife, so sorry that you had to deal with a low with so many family members trying to referee. Sure it wasn't any fun. And again, thank you for your many insights, as there are days you literally keep me sane!
    Hang in there,
    Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tom's Wife,
    Thanks for your kind comment, by the way. You add a lot of "heart" to your blog as well. So glad you are one of the "sisters."
    Lilly :-)

    ReplyDelete